- Made from recycled polyester, nylon and cottons
- Shorter lead time
- Great prices
Custom Made Bemberg Fabric in Bulk at Wholesale Price from Manufacturers
No posts found!
What is Bemberg fabric?
Bemberg is the name of a cupro fabric made by Asahi Kasei, a Japanese manufacturer. Cupro is a type of hybrid fabric that uses a natural material and puts it through chemical processing to make it usable. For cupro, cotton linter — the fuzz around the cottonseed — is the natural material used. The fuzz is taken out, dissolved, then transformed into pure regenerated fiber that’s very fine, smooth, and round.
Bemberg was initially manufactured by JP Bemberg, a German producer and exporter of rayon, in the 19th century. In 1928, he entered into a licensing agreement with Shitagau Noguchi, and the latter eventually named the fabric “Bemberg.”
Now, Asahi Kasei is the world’s dominant manufacturer of Bemberg fabrics.
What is Bemberg fabric used for?
Bemberg fabric features fine and round fibers, and that’s why this fabric is breathable and excellent at moisture control. It also feels silky soft and luxurious. For this reason, Bemberg is commonly used for lining suits and coats.
Planning to use Bemberg fabric in your products? Consider partnering with us. Here are three main reasons why we’ll be the perfect fit for you:
- We’re not just a typical trading company — we are also a manufacturer. Because of this, we can customize your fabric based on your preferences and specifications.
- We have received the Global Recycled Standard (GRS) certificate issued by ETKO. Because of this, investors trust us to partner with them.
- We have over 10 years of experience, which is why we’re well-connected in the fabric manufacturing sector.
So, what are you waiting for? Order Bemberg fabric from us today!
Physical properties of Bemberg fabric
Bemberg fabric, also known as Cupro, is a regenerated cellulose fabric made from the linter fiber of cotton seeds. Here are the physical properties of Bemberg fabric:
- Softness: Bemberg fabric is known for its silky softness, similar to that of natural silk. The fabric has a smooth and comfortable texture, making it a popular choice for clothing and lining materials.
- Breathability: Bemberg fabric is highly breathable and moisture-absorbent, which means it can wick away moisture and keep the wearer cool and comfortable in hot and humid conditions.
- Draping ability: Bemberg fabric has excellent draping ability, meaning it can be easily manipulated and shaped without losing its softness and smoothness. The fabric falls beautifully and gracefully, making it ideal for creating flowy and elegant clothing designs.
- Durability: Bemberg fabric is durable and long-lasting, withstanding wear and tear over time. The fabric is less prone to shrinkage and pilling compared to other fabrics, making it a popular choice for clothing and linings that are meant to last.
- Moisture-wicking properties: Bemberg fabric has excellent moisture-wicking properties, meaning it can quickly absorb and release moisture, keeping the wearer dry and comfortable. This makes it an ideal choice for clothing that is designed to be worn during physical activities, such as sportswear.
When compared to other fabrics, Bemberg fabric has unique properties that set it apart. For instance, it is more breathable and moisture-wicking than polyester, making it a better choice for hot and humid conditions. It is also softer and more drapable than cotton, making it an excellent choice for clothing with a flowy and elegant design. Overall, Bemberg fabric offers a combination of properties that make it a versatile and popular choice for a range of applications in the fashion industry.
Various applications of Bemberg fabric
Bemberg fabric is widely used in various industries, including fashion, automotive, and interior design, due to its unique properties. Here are some of the most common applications of Bemberg fabric:
- Clothing: Bemberg fabric is a popular choice for clothing due to its softness, breathability, and drape. It is often used for dresses, blouses, skirts, and suits, providing a luxurious and elegant feel to the garment.
- Linings: Bemberg fabric is a common choice for linings due to its smoothness, moisture-wicking properties, and durability. It is often used in high-end fashion designs, such as coats, jackets, and blazers.
- Accessories: Bemberg fabric is a popular choice for accessories due to its softness and luxurious feel. It is often used for scarves, shawls, and ties, providing a silky texture and elegant appearance.
- Automotive industry: Bemberg fabric is used in the automotive industry for seat covers, door panels, and headliners due to its durability, moisture-wicking properties, and resistance to heat and cold. It also provides a luxurious and elegant appearance to the interior of the vehicle.
- Interior design: Bemberg fabric is used in the interior design industry for drapery, upholstery, and bedding due to its softness, drape, and moisture-wicking properties. It provides a luxurious and elegant feel to the interior of the room.
Overall, Bemberg fabric is a versatile material that can be used in various applications due to its unique properties. Its softness, breathability, and draping ability make it a popular choice in the fashion industry, while its durability and moisture-wicking properties make it a common choice in the automotive and interior design industries.
Benefits of using Bemberg fabric
Bemberg fabric is known for its many benefits, which make it a popular choice for a variety of applications. Here are some of the key benefits of using Bemberg fabric:
- Eco-friendliness: Bemberg fabric is a sustainable and eco-friendly choice because it is made from regenerated cellulose, which is derived from cotton linters. The production process involves the use of minimal chemicals and water, resulting in a lower environmental impact compared to other synthetic fabrics.
- Versatility: Bemberg fabric is a versatile material that can be used in a wide range of applications, from clothing to automotive interiors. It is a suitable alternative to silk due to its similar softness, drape, and luxurious feel, while also providing the benefits of being moisture-wicking, durable, and less expensive.
- Comfort: Bemberg fabric is incredibly soft and comfortable, providing a luxurious and silky texture that feels great against the skin. Its moisture-wicking properties also make it a breathable and comfortable choice in hot and humid conditions.
- Durability: Bemberg fabric is a durable and long-lasting choice, resisting wear and tear over time. It is less prone to shrinkage and pilling compared to other fabrics, making it a suitable choice for garments and accessories that are meant to last.
- Easy to care for: Bemberg fabric is easy to care for, as it can be machine washed and dried without losing its softness or shape.
When compared to other fabrics, Bemberg fabric has unique benefits that make it stand out. For instance, it is more eco-friendly than synthetic fabrics such as polyester, which require a lot of energy and resources to produce. It is also more durable and easier to care for than silk, which is a delicate and high-maintenance fabric. Overall, Bemberg fabric provides a sustainable, versatile, and comfortable choice that can be used in a wide range of applications.
Examples of Bemberg fabric in fashion
Bemberg fabric has been used by many designers and brands in their fashion collections due to its softness, drape, and luxurious feel. Here are some examples of Bemberg fabric used in fashion garments from different designers and brands:
- Valentino – This pink dress from Valentino’s Fall/Winter 2021 collection is made of Bemberg cupro satin, providing a soft and silky texture to the garment. The fabric’s drape adds movement and fluidity to the dress, while its breathability and moisture-wicking properties make it comfortable to wear.
- Altuzarra – This cream blouse from Altuzarra’s Spring/Summer 2021 collection is made of Bemberg cupro twill, providing a luxurious and elegant appearance to the garment. The fabric’s durability and moisture-wicking properties make it a suitable choice for a blouse that is meant to last.
- Diane von Furstenberg – This green dress from Diane von Furstenberg’s Spring/Summer 2021 collection is made of Bemberg cupro chiffon, providing a lightweight and breathable choice for a summer dress. The fabric’s softness and drape add movement and fluidity to the garment, while its moisture-wicking properties make it comfortable to wear in warm weather.
- Stella McCartney – This pink blouse from Stella McCartney’s Fall/Winter 2021 collection is made of Bemberg cupro satin, providing a silky and elegant appearance to the garment. The fabric’s breathability and moisture-wicking properties make it a comfortable choice for a blouse that can be worn throughout the day.
Overall, Bemberg fabric is a popular choice among fashion designers and brands due to its unique properties, providing a sustainable and luxurious option for various garments.
Availability of Bemberg fabric
Bemberg fabric is produced by Asahi Kasei, a leading chemical company based in Japan. Asahi Kasei has multiple manufacturing facilities worldwide and has a global distribution network, making Bemberg fabric readily available to customers around the world.
In addition, Asahi Kasei works with a network of authorized distributors and partners to offer Bemberg fabric to customers in different regions. These distributors and partners may have their own stock of Bemberg fabric, and they can also help customers with customized orders and fabric sourcing.
To purchase Bemberg fabric, customers can contact Asahi Kasei directly or reach out to one of their authorized distributors or partners. Asahi Kasei has a list of authorized distributors and partners on their website, which includes companies in North America, Europe, Asia, and other regions.
Bemberg fabric is also available through various fabric retailers and wholesalers. Many online fabric stores and marketplaces carry Bemberg fabric, and customers can easily search for and purchase the fabric online. Local fabric stores may also carry Bemberg fabric, and customers can inquire about the availability of the fabric with the store staff.
Overall, Bemberg fabric is widely available through multiple suppliers, distributors, and retailers, making it accessible to customers worldwide.