- Made from recycled polyester, nylon and cottons
- Shorter lead time
- Great prices
Custom Made Jacquard Fabric in Bulk at Wholesale Price from Manufacturers
What is Jacquard Fabrics?
Jacquard fabric is a type of clothing pattern that is woven directly into the material. From the definition, it is clear that Jacquard fabric is a type of weave (a way that fabrics being made), not a type of material.
Jacquard fabric is made using a wide range of fibers, which includes cotton, wool, linen, and silk. Jacquard fabric is mainly used in furniture, linens, and home decor.
Countiries that Sell Wholesale Jacquard Fabrics
The Jacquard fabric uses common fibers such as cotton, wool, silk, and synthetic fibers. Therefore, countries that produce these fibers are some of the major manufacturers of Jacquard fabrics. They include India, Australia, and China, the latter being the leading producer.
History of Jacquard Fabric
The Jacquard fabric is named after a French weaver, Joseph Marie Jacquard, who invented the Jacquard loom technology in 1804.
Early Jacquard looms used a series of punched paper cards to regulate the weaving process. However, thanks to technological advancement, modern Jacquard looms use computer programs. Modern looms are also more efficient compared to older versions of the machine.
Types of Jacquard Fabrics
Jacquard weave fabrics come in various types that are differentiated by their distinctive features. Here are the common ones;
Brocade Jacquard Fabric
This is a heavier patterned raised fabric that is woven with multicolored threads. The raised patterns help give the fabric texture and an expensive unique look.
Damask Jacquard Fabric
This is an elaborate pattern fabric that can be tone-on-tone or with multicolored threads. The fabric can be woven in cotton, silk, linen, or viscose.
Tapestry Jacquard Fabric
Tapestry Jacquard fabric weave is thicker and heavier than both damask and brocade. This type is mostly used to make jackets and coats.
Matalasse Jacquard Fabric
Garments that fall in this category are woven in solid colors and come in several designs, such as motifs and graphics. This type is often used to make pillow shams and bedcovers.
Cloque Jacquard Fabric
Cloque is a type of Jacquard weave with puckered or blistered effect. The fabric is often used to make dresses, blouses, and jackets.
Brocatelle Jacquard Fabric
This type of weave is non-reversible and has a raised and embossed pattern.
Other types of Jacquard Fabrics available in the market are;
- Cotton Jacquard
- Silk Jacquard
- Wool Jacquard
- Synthetic Jacquard
- Jacquard knit
Pros and Cons of Jacquard Fabrics
Like every other fabric, Jacquard has its pros and cons.
- Highly durable
- Highly resistance to fading
- Wrinkle resistant
- Has decorative aesthetics
- Beautiful and pleasant to the touch
- High cost of Jacquard products
- Some final products require special care when cleaning
Top 20 jacquard fabric manufacturers in France (2023 updated)
The process of making Jacquard fabric
Jacquard fabric is a type of woven fabric that is created using a Jacquard loom. The Jacquard loom is a mechanical loom that uses a system of punched cards to control the weaving process and create intricate designs. Here is a brief overview of the manufacturing process of Jacquard fabric:
- Design creation: The first step in creating Jacquard fabric is to create a design. The design is usually created on a computer, and it can be as simple or as complex as the weaver desires.
- Card punching: Once the design is created, it is transferred onto a series of punched cards. Each card represents one row of the design and contains holes that correspond to the placement of the warp and weft threads.
- Loom setup: The punched cards are then loaded onto the Jacquard loom, which has a mechanism that reads the holes in the cards and controls the movement of the warp and weft threads. The loom is set up with the warp threads, which are the vertical threads that run the length of the fabric.
- Weaving process: As the loom is operated, the weft threads, which are the horizontal threads that run across the width of the fabric, are inserted into the warp threads according to the pattern on the punched cards. The intricate designs of Jacquard fabric are created by the careful manipulation of the warp and weft threads.
- Finishing: Once the weaving is complete, the fabric is removed from the loom and undergoes a finishing process. This process includes washing, bleaching, dyeing, and any necessary treatments to achieve the desired texture and appearance of the fabric.
Overall, the manufacturing process of Jacquard fabric is a complex and time-consuming process that requires skill and precision to create the intricate designs that Jacquard fabric is known for. However, the result is a high-quality and unique fabric that is versatile and durable.
Top jacquard fabric manufacturers in Italy(2023 updated)
Different ways of using Jacquard fabric
Jacquard fabric is a versatile and elegant fabric that can be used in a variety of applications. Here are some of the different ways in which Jacquard fabric is used:
- Clothing: Jacquard fabric is commonly used in high-end fashion for formal wear, such as dresses, jackets, and suits. The intricate designs and luxurious feel of the fabric make it a popular choice for special occasions. Famous fashion designers who have used Jacquard fabric in their collections include Christian Dior, Chanel, and Alexander McQueen.
- Home decor: Jacquard fabric is also used in home decor, such as curtains, upholstery, and bedding. The rich colors and patterns of the fabric can add a touch of luxury and sophistication to any room. Jacquard fabric is often used in traditional or classic design schemes.
- Accessories: Jacquard fabric is also used in the creation of accessories, such as handbags, shoes, and belts. The texture and patterns of the fabric can add interest and depth to these items. Some designers who have used Jacquard fabric in their accessories lines include Gucci, Prada, and Louis Vuitton.
- Industrial uses: Jacquard fabric is also used in some industrial applications, such as in the production of seat covers, drapery, and wall coverings. The durability and versatility of the fabric make it a popular choice in these settings.
Overall, Jacquard fabric’s versatility and elegance make it a popular choice for a variety of applications. It has been used by famous fashion designers throughout history, and it continues to be a popular choice for formal wear, home decor, and accessories today.
Top 20 jacquard fabric manufacturers in Turkey(2023 updated)
Tips for caring for and maintaining Jacquard fabric to ensure its longevity
Jacquard fabric is a high-quality and luxurious fabric that requires proper care to maintain its appearance and longevity. Here are some tips for caring for and maintaining Jacquard fabric:
- Follow care instructions: Always read the care instructions provided by the manufacturer and follow them carefully. Some Jacquard fabrics may be dry clean only, while others may be machine washable or hand washable. Follow the recommended temperature and wash cycle for the fabric to prevent damage.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach when washing or cleaning Jacquard fabric. These can damage the fibers and cause the fabric to lose its luster.
- Use mild detergents: Use a mild detergent when washing Jacquard fabric, and avoid using fabric softeners or dryer sheets. These can leave a residue on the fabric and cause it to lose its softness and sheen.
- Dry flat: When washing or cleaning Jacquard fabric, avoid wringing or twisting the fabric. Instead, gently squeeze out excess water and lay the fabric flat to dry. This will help prevent wrinkles and maintain the shape of the fabric.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Jacquard fabric should be protected from direct sunlight, as prolonged exposure can cause the fabric to fade or discolor.
- Store properly: When storing Jacquard fabric, fold it neatly and store it in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing the fabric in direct sunlight or in a damp or humid environment.
Overall, proper care and maintenance are essential to ensure the longevity of Jacquard fabric. By following these tips, you can help maintain the appearance and quality of the fabric for years to come.
21 Jacquard fabrics manufacturers in China(2023 updated)
In conclusion, Jacquard fabric is a high-quality and elegant woven fabric that is created using a Jacquard loom. The fabric’s intricate designs and rich texture make it a popular choice for clothing, home decor, and accessories. The manufacturing process of Jacquard fabric is complex, and requires skill and precision to create the intricate designs that the fabric is known for.
To care for Jacquard fabric, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s care instructions, avoid harsh chemicals, and store it properly to maintain its appearance and longevity.
Jacquard fabric has been a popular choice in the fashion industry for centuries, and has been used by famous fashion designers to create elegant and sophisticated designs. Its versatility and elegance have also made it a popular choice in the world of home decor and industrial applications.
Overall, Jacquard fabric is a testament to the creativity and ingenuity of textile designers and weavers, and its importance in the world of textiles cannot be overstated. Its enduring popularity and timeless elegance make it a fabric that will likely continue to be cherished and used for generations to come.
Top Manufacturers and Wholesale Suppliers of Jacquard Fabrics in the USA
Top Jacquard fabric manufacturers in Spain(2023 updated)