- Made from recycled polyester, nylon and cottons
- Shorter lead time
- Great prices
Custom Made Sateen Fabric in Bulk at Wholesale Price from Manufacturers
No posts found!
Wholesale Sateen Fabric
Sateen is one of the most popular fabrics on the market due to its best qualities. Sateen typically has a range of weights, a weft-faced weave, and short-staple fibers. It is also renowned for having a smooth and shiny feel. Additionally, when compared to Satin fabric, it is far less expensive and suitable for a wide range of outfits.
What is Sateen Fabric?
The term “sateen” describes the weave of the cloth, not the components used to make it. Sateen fabric has a lustrous, silky texture and glossy sheen and is a versatile fabric as it is made from cotton and rayon. It also has tons of good characteristics that’s why it is very common in almost all types of garments and clothing. The variety of goods created by sateen is fairly diverse, ranging from children’s clothing to both men’s and women’s formal and casual clothing.
Types of Sateen Fabric
Chinese Brocade Sateen
This type of sateen is made entirely of polyester. Due to its lightweight, it is most common in skirts, dresses, cushions, and window treatments.
Japanese spring sateen, also known as Cosmo, is made entirely of cotton. This type of sateen fabric is usually used for making window coverings, shirts, blouses, dresses, and skirts.
Milly Cotton Sateen
This fabric is also made entirely of cotton and is commonly used for making dresses, shirts, and blouses.
Shantung sateen is a 100% polyester fabric used for window coverings, beds, dresses, skirts, coats, and jackets.
Stretch Sateen/Cotton Spandex
Stretch sateen or also known as cotton spandex, is a rather heavy-weight cotton sateen fabric. It usually has elastic woven making it more stretchy to some degree.
What is Sateen Fabric Used For?
Since Sateen is made from natural cotton, it is an ideal fabric for children’s clothing, and women’s fashion attire such as lingerie, and blouses. With its capability to resist wrinkles, it is also commonly used in making dresses. This type of fabric is also suitable for both formal and casual attire. Sateen, when combined with a little elastane, is also ideal for producing fashionable pants.
What are the Raw Materials Used For Sateen Fabric?
Instead of filaments, manufacturers use spun yarns with short-staple fibers to make sateen. Unlike other similar fabrics, this fabric is made from plant matter. Cotton and rayon are the two main short-staple spun yarns/raw materials used for sateen. To help with the distinctive “silkiness,” cotton or rayon frequently undergoes mercerisation, carded yarn, and combed process.
History & Origin of Sateen Fabric
Sateen’s existed nearly a thousand years ago, but its popularity has only grown through the years. Nowadays, sateen fabric is frequently utilized to create a wide range of cotton fabrics.
Silk was the only material used to make sateen, after the Silk Roads opened, the technology made its way to the Middle East. Usually, China exports satin made of synthetic and silk materials.
How Much is Sateen Fabric? (per yard)
The average price of sateen fabric, in the market, ranges from $7 to $20 per yard, depending on its type and design.
Pros & Cons of Sateen Fabric
Sateen fabric has tons of advantages and some drawbacks, which are listed below:
- Cotton sateen can maintain the right temperature and is breathable.
- It does wrinkle over time, but it can be maintained. The cloth drapes beautifully and folds up softly.
- Its front side has a smooth, soft, and silky texture, same as the satin and natural silk fabric.
- It is durable enough to withstand some damaging factors. Whether it is printed or solid, it retains its color well and looks new even after numerous machine washes.
- Since sateen is usually made of natural cotton, it doesn’t trigger any allergic reactions.
- When you press against the fabric, it occasionally makes a swooshing sound. Some sateen sheets will be noisier than others, similar to the crinkling sound that percale fabric frequently makes.
Tips and guidelines for caring for and maintaining sateen fabric
Here are some tips and guidelines for caring for and maintaining sateen fabric to ensure its longevity and appearance:
- Read the care label: Always start by checking the care label on your sateen fabric before washing or cleaning it. This will provide specific instructions for the type of fabric and any special treatments it may require.
- Machine wash with care: Sateen fabric can usually be washed in the machine, but it’s important to use a gentle cycle and cold water to prevent damage or shrinkage. It’s also a good idea to wash it separately or with similar colors to avoid any bleeding or color transfer.
- Use a mild detergent: To avoid damaging the fabric, use a mild detergent that is specifically formulated for delicate fabrics. Avoid using bleach or fabric softeners, which can cause discoloration or damage.
- Hang or lay flat to dry: After washing, avoid using the dryer, as the high heat can damage the fabric. Instead, hang or lay the fabric flat to dry, preferably in a well-ventilated area.
- Iron on low heat: If you need to iron your sateen fabric, use a low heat setting and iron it on the reverse side to avoid damaging the fibers or sheen. Be sure to test a small area first to make sure the iron won’t damage the fabric.
- Store properly: To prevent wrinkles and damage, store sateen fabric in a cool, dry place, preferably folded or rolled up and placed in a breathable storage bag. Avoid hanging the fabric for long periods of time, as this can cause stretching or distortion.
By following these care and maintenance guidelines, you can help ensure that your sateen fabric looks and feels its best for years to come.
Environmental impact of sateen fabric
The environmental impact of sateen fabric can vary depending on several factors, including the sourcing of materials, manufacturing processes, and disposal or recycling of the fabric. Here are some ways in which sateen fabric can impact the environment and some steps that can be taken to reduce its carbon footprint:
- Material sourcing: Sateen fabric is typically made from cotton or a blend of cotton and synthetic fibers, and the sourcing of these materials can have a significant impact on the environment. Conventional cotton farming, for example, can be water-intensive and involve the use of pesticides and other harmful chemicals. Organic cotton, on the other hand, is grown without synthetic pesticides or fertilizers and is often a more sustainable option. Other alternatives to conventional cotton include recycled polyester or other eco-friendly materials.
- Manufacturing processes: The manufacturing of sateen fabric can also impact the environment, particularly in terms of energy and water use. Some manufacturers may use eco-friendly production methods, such as using renewable energy or recycled water, while others may not. Choosing fabrics made using more sustainable and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes can help reduce the carbon footprint of sateen fabric.
- Disposal and recycling: The disposal and recycling of sateen fabric can also have an impact on the environment. When fabrics end up in landfills, they can take years to decompose and release harmful chemicals and greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Recycling sateen fabric can help reduce waste and save resources, but it can be challenging due to the blend of materials often used. Some fabrics made from natural fibers, such as cotton, can be composted or repurposed into other products.
To reduce the environmental impact of sateen fabric, some steps that can be taken include:
- Choose fabrics made from more sustainable materials, such as organic cotton or recycled polyester.
- Look for fabrics that have been manufactured using eco-friendly production methods, such as renewable energy or recycled water.
- Consider buying second-hand or vintage sateen fabric, which can help reduce waste.
- Dispose of fabrics responsibly by donating, repurposing, composting, or recycling them.
- Support companies and brands that prioritize sustainability and ethical practices in their supply chain and manufacturing processes.
By being mindful of the environmental impact of sateen fabric and taking steps to reduce its carbon footprint, we can help make fashion and textiles more sustainable and protect the planet for future generations.
Current fashion and design trends involving sateen fabric
Sateen fabric has been a popular choice in the fashion and design industry for many years, and it continues to be a versatile and stylish fabric for a range of applications. Here are some current fashion and design trends involving sateen fabric:
- Colors: Sateen fabric is available in a wide range of colors, but some of the most popular colors in fashion and design trends include pastels, earthy tones, and bold jewel tones. Neutral shades such as black, white, and beige are also popular for creating a sophisticated and timeless look.
- Patterns: Sateen fabric can be printed with a range of patterns, from bold geometric prints to delicate floral patterns. Some current trends in sateen fabric patterns include large-scale tropical prints, abstract art-inspired prints, and animal prints.
- Styles: Sateen fabric can be used in a variety of styles, including blouses, dresses, skirts, and pants. Currently, oversized and relaxed styles are popular, with a focus on comfortable and functional clothing that can be worn for a range of occasions. Sateen fabric is also used in traditional and formal wear, including evening gowns, blazers, and suits.
- Design aesthetics: Sateen fabric can be incorporated into a range of design aesthetics, from minimal and modern to bohemian and eclectic. Sateen fabric is often used in luxury and high-end designs, but it can also be incorporated into more casual and laid-back styles.
- Themes: Sateen fabric can be used to create a variety of design themes, from romantic and vintage-inspired to edgy and futuristic. For example, sateen fabric in pastel colors and delicate floral patterns can create a soft and romantic aesthetic, while sateen fabric in bold colors and geometric prints can create an edgy and modern look.
Overall, sateen fabric is a versatile and stylish fabric that can be incorporated into a wide range of fashion and design trends. Its soft, silky texture and lustrous sheen make it a popular choice for creating elegant and luxurious designs, while its durability and practicality make it a functional choice for everyday wear.